[mythtv-users] Minimize frontend?

david brooke david2012brooke at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:00:32 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Mythtv-frontend on Ubuntu 12.04. This particular FE is in my
> garage and serves as a media player with things like Spotify, Pithos and
> Plex installed. One of the annoyances is that the Myth FE lives in a
> fullscreen all the time mode, so the only way to get to to other apps is
> via alt-tab. This is made more cumbersome by the fact that some of my
> fellow shadetree mechanics are not the computing genius that I am.
>
> I know that Plex will let me switch to windowed mode via the \ button and
> it can then be minimized. This is not ideal but is a step in the right
> direction. I was wondering if there was a way I could minimize MythTV via a
> hotkey or some sort of key combination?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

> I basically tell Mythtv to be a pixel smaller in height so that it won't
capture the fullscreen allowing me to use Mythtv like a regular window. The
only real disadvantage is that if you have a lighter window / desktop
background behind the Mythtv window, you might see a 1 pixel line at the
bottom of the screen. Also I hide my taskbar. The following is the setup:
TV-Setup-Appearance-Theme / Screen settings:
GUI Height in pixels = 1079 (this would be 1 less than the height. In this
example I use 1080)
Use GUI size for TV playback = checked