[mythtv-users] Minimize frontend?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 17:28:17 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM, jacek burghardt <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> How about wild idea installing xbmc and using it instead of mythtv
> fronted.  It has plugins for all services you are using.

XBMC's MythTV plugins are not ideal. Same goes for adding it as a Plex
channel. I still want the full FE functionality because the garage playback
is 85% live tv and that's where the FE UI really shines.

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
>
>> Matt Emmott wrote:
>>
>>> One of the annoyances is that the Myth FE lives in a fullscreen all the
>>> time mode
>>>

>> You can run mythfrontend in a window:
>>
>> mythfrontend --help
>>
>> -geometry OR --geometry          Specify window size and position
>> (WxH[+X+Y])
>>
>> So,
>>
>> mythfrontend --geometry 1024x768
>>
>> Would get you a windowed version of myth at 1024x768

Thanks but I want to retain the fullscreen behavior on this FE. I do run it
on a window on one of my other FEs.