[mythtv-users] Minimize frontend?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 16:36:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm running Mythtv-frontend on Ubuntu 12.04. This particular FE is in my
garage and serves as a media player with things like Spotify, Pithos and
Plex installed. One of the annoyances is that the Myth FE lives in a
fullscreen all the time mode, so the only way to get to to other apps is
via alt-tab. This is made more cumbersome by the fact that some of my
fellow shadetree mechanics are not the computing genius that I am.

I know that Plex will let me switch to windowed mode via the \ button and
it can then be minimized. This is not ideal but is a step in the right
direction. I was wondering if there was a way I could minimize MythTV via a
hotkey or some sort of key combination?

Thanks,
Matt