[mythtv-users] Can mythtv transcode on the fly (as a media server)?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Jun 29 11:58:06 UTC 2014

Jean-Yves, Richard,

I understand your sentiment, however this is not a matter of $$s but an interest
in what can be done. Just hacking for fun, which is what the raspi is for.

I copied across a transcoded (mpg->xvid) recording and it plays just fine. I
want to see if I can set up a system that uses this capability.

BTW, at identical bitrate transcoding the original mpg looks better than the
resulting avi (on a strong machine, not on the raspi).

Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)