[mythtv-users] Seeking frontend advice

mailing at biased.org mailing at biased.org
Sun Jun 29 06:11:35 UTC 2014

> On 28/06/2014 11:21 PM, Michael Watson wrote:

> Compaq Desktop systems are generally fairly
> quiet unless running heavily loaded,

So would something like this Compaq would be a better choice over the
Dell?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231269329043

> On 28/06/2014 15:24 PM, jacek burghardt wrote:
>
> Well just get raspberry pi and raspbmc and you will be set. you can
> convert
> on fly 1080 to pal 480 and watch on backed.

Interesting, I'm really intrigued about this idea.  I'm worried about
the lack of S-Video output, not clear that I can use a Composite ->
S-Video adapter, although I could use a Composite -> SCART adapter.

There's quite a few comments online of the Pi not being beefy enough to
run MythTV.  How well does raspmc work?  Is there any lag in the use?
Any jerky video?  Is  it possible to use the iPad to control this?

Many thanks to everyone again!

Cheers - Piers