[mythtv-users] MythNetvision and sound

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 02:39:41 UTC 2014

I messed around with getting netvision sound working for the longest time.
 asound.conf and any other alsa configs I could find.  Never worked.

Just installed pulseaudio and never looked back.  Pretty sure when Mythtv
is using it's native player it uses the also configuration.  Anything in
netvision that used the internal video player always worked fine.  But
never worked for anything that used the browser (I.E. youtube)

I also use an external audio setup (Denon).  My motherboard has audio.  My
setup for Mythtv uses a GT430  hdmi .