[mythtv-users] Seeking frontend advice

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 01:18:23 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 6/28/2014 7:21 PM, Michael Watson wrote:
>>
>> Look for a VDPAU Capable Nvidia Card that can do TV-Out
>

> Those are getting hard to find, and expensive when you do find one.

And (when I was using them) TV-Out cards were *very*
picky about the nVidia driver release.  My guess (based
on posts by nVidia employees on their forum) is that
nVidia no longer runs a (complete) suite of regression
tests of their drivers with real TVs using TV-out (there
was a comment on one of their posts that the engineer
would have to dig up a real CRT TV in order to try to
test :-).  Some breakage regularly happens.  I doubt it
is going to get better over time.