[mythtv-users] PCI-E Capture Card for Australia

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jun 26 15:26:47 UTC 2014

On 25/06/14 07:33 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 26 June 2014 08:40, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>
>> I do not know, offhand, the date of the modules at home, and I cannot
>> remember when I last updated it... iirc, it is running Fedora 17, while
>> everything else is on F20... maybe time for an upgrade.
>
> I had a dvico digital4 DVB-T card giving me similar symptoms.
> After a reboot it would often stop working.
> You had to completely power off the PC to make it work again.
>
> I rarely shut down the backend, but power failure did happen.
> Now I've plugged it on a 1700VA UPS, it hasn't been off in over 5 months

Well that is one way to ensure that the box won't come up the wrong way
on a reboot!

Luckily, my problem is fixable in software.

I had the same thing 'safety net' set up some years ago. In fact, so
long ago, that the battery in the UPS died from old age. And I haven't
gotten around to replacing the battery. The only place with a reasonable
price for the replacement battery is over 100km one way from here, so I
have been putting off making the trek, until I have some other reason to
go that way. Which never seems to happen....

              R. Geoffrey Newbury