[mythtv-users] PCI-E Capture Card for Australia

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 10:38:12 UTC 2014

On 6/26/14, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 June 2014 08:40, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>
>> I do not know, offhand, the date of the modules at home, and I cannot
>> remember when I last updated it... iirc, it is running Fedora 17, while
>> everything else is on F20... maybe time for an upgrade.
>
> I had a dvico digital4 DVB-T card giving me similar symptoms.
> After a reboot it would often stop working.
> You had to completely power off the PC to make it work again.

Yep, been there, got the t-shirt, sunhat, glasses and stubby-holder.
I picked up the practice of cold-booting on every kernel update
(somewhere back in 2007 I think) and it's been required ever since.
The thing always works that way. usbid of my one is:

0fe9:db78 DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 (ZL10353+xc2028/xc3028)

> I rarely shut down the backend, but power failure did happen.
> Now I've plugged it on a 1700VA UPS, it hasn't been off in over 5 months

For added chuckles, somewhere between 3.8 and 3.11 linux lost its
ability to load the firmware for the card and the linux-media head
still doesn't work with it.
I raised this on linux-media but nobody cared.

Jean-Yves, if we have the same hardware, it might be interesting to
compare dmesg outputs.

Cheers
Vince