[mythtv-users] Analog Tuners Always Busy

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 04:35:36 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Joseph Flack <jflackmd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have had this problem for a while ever since I ran my box on Fedora 14
> and tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to Fedora 17 and the Mythtv version at
> that time about a year 1/2 ago, 0.24(?) from atrpms.  Now I am using the
> old mythconverg backup file installed to run on the same box using Ubuntu
> 14.04 and MythTV 0.27.
>
> The analog tuners(s) are always busy.  I have a HVR-1600 and a PVR-500.
> Same issue.  The boxed worked until I tried to upgrade it.  I can record
> video using Cat /dev/video0 > temp.mpg.  With my HVR-1600 I was able to
> watch live TV on the digital channel.

Most likely you are just starting mythbackend before the cards are fully
initialized. Information Center would say that each card has an error, and
when you try to tune with one, it will say all tuners are busy. If you
restart the mythbackend process and the cards work, you'll know that
mythbackend needs to be started later in the boot.