[mythtv-users] OT - Hunting a MoBo.....

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 01:27:00 UTC 2014

On 26 June 2014 10:18, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Those acpi issues sound like I have with an old athlon XP board. On a
> tuxonice hibernate it locks halfway and I have to powercicle twice.
> But before on a 3.8 kernel it worked. The other one (athlon64) doesn't
> properly restore usb power after a hibernation. On a second
> hibernation there is no power on the usb bus to accept wakeup. It's
> now running in a 24/7 server that doesn't use this. So weird things
> that could possible be fixed with custom acpi, but I never bothered.

Well, as usual, I couldn't wait

Upgraded to BIOS 2.10.

Now reboot works with all kernel including 3.13.

However, halt doesn't turn off the machine fully.
But that doesn't worry me too much, it just means I can't use the
graceful shutdown option in the IPMI interface.

I have to log into the server, do sudo halt
then turn it off fully via the IPMI.

Not being able to reboot was the main concern for me, as that's
something I'm likely going to do. Not turning it off, well there are
work arounds.

Forgot to mention that with kernel 3.2, I had to install the intel
network driver, as the i210 isn't supported in that kernel. Not the
case with 3.8 and later.

everything is supported out of the box