[mythtv-users] Multiple HD-PVR Blasters

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:16:43 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Jon,
>
> Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 7:25:29 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hoi Jon,
> >

> >  Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 5:59:07 PM, you wrote:
> >
>  >> Hey,
> >

>  >> I have 2 HD-PVRs and yesterday decided to move the one that has
>  >> been on slave backend to my master backend that has a HD-PVR
>  >> already.  I can get everything to work but can only seem to get one
>  >> blaster to work at a time.  I end up with.
>  >>
>  >> [  377.424068] lirc_zilog: i2c_master_send failed with -5
>  >> [  377.424084] lirc_zilog: sending to the IR transmitter chip failed,
> trying reset
>  >> [  378.082019] lirc_zilog: Zilog/Hauppauge IR blaster firmware version
> 2.1.0 loaded
>  >>
>  >> Has anyone ran into this or have a successful 2 blaster setup they can
> share?
> >
>  >> Thanks,
> >
>  >> Jon
> >

> > Basically you have to run two separate instances of lircd under a
> >  different name. So you have to copy your lircd configuration and start
> >  script to for instance lircd1 and adjust this configuration to the
> >  second blaster.
> >  Do you get two lirc instances in /dev/ or /dev/input ?
>
> > I do get 2 /dev/lirc instances.
>
> > I've tried to have 2 individual /dev/lircd and to use the
> > listen/connect to connect a second lirc a single /dev/lircd
> >
> > Would it be possible to share your startup scripts?  I must be doing
> something dumb.
>
> > Jon
>
> If you post your current two lircd scripts/configurations, I can look
> at it. Also on the wiki you can find examples for udev rules. For you
> also might want to distinguish the rest of the two cards.

I was using a udev already for the single one and have the second added.

For the most basic version running from the cli.

lircd --output=/dev/lircd --device=/dev/hdpvr_ir -P /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
 /etc/lirc/lircd.conf
lircd --output=/dev/lircd2 --device=/dev/hdpvr2_ir -P
/var/run/lirc/lircd2.pid  /etc/lirc2/lircd.conf

With the lircd.confs linking to a blaster and a blaster2 setting defined.

$ irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE blaster select
$ irsend -d /dev/lircd2 SEND_ONCE blaster2 select

Sometimes the blaster 2 will work a time or two but it eventually fails.
 I'm not sure it having on going recordings effects it or not.

Has anyone had issues with a "failing" power adapter and the blaster maybe?
 I can leave it recording for a long time no problem.  I had not used this
hdpvr in a while.

Jon