[mythtv-users] Multiple HD-PVR Blasters

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 17:39:42 UTC 2014

Hoi Jon,

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hoi Jon,
>

>  Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 5:59:07 PM, you wrote:
>
 >> Hey,
>

 >> I have 2 HD-PVRs and yesterday decided to move the one that has
 >> been on slave backend to my master backend that has a HD-PVR
 >> already.  I can get everything to work but can only seem to get one
 >> blaster to work at a time.  I end up with.
 >>
 >> [  377.424068] lirc_zilog: i2c_master_send failed with -5
 >> [  377.424084] lirc_zilog: sending to the IR transmitter chip failed, trying reset
 >> [  378.082019] lirc_zilog: Zilog/Hauppauge IR blaster firmware version 2.1.0 loaded
 >>
 >> Has anyone ran into this or have a successful 2 blaster setup they can share?
>
 >> Thanks,
>
 >> Jon
>

> Basically you have to run two separate instances of lircd under a
>  different name. So you have to copy your lircd configuration and start
>  script to for instance lircd1 and adjust this configuration to the
>  second blaster.
>  Do you get two lirc instances in /dev/ or /dev/input ?

> I do get 2 /dev/lirc instances.

> I've tried to have 2 individual /dev/lircd and to use the
> listen/connect to connect a second lirc a single /dev/lircd
>
> Would it be possible to share your startup scripts?  I must be doing something dumb.

> Jon

I run Gentoo so some implementations are different if you like most
run mythbuntu. Also I have never worked with blasters, but
successfully got two remotes to work. ( a serial and an hauppauge just
to test it).
Do you see the both instances of lircd with ps -A | grep lirc ? Also
do they use different resources?
If you get it running, to properly distinguish the two (/dev/lirc0 and
/dev/lirc1 might switch an a reboot) you might want to use udev rules
to give them distinct names.
Probably Karl might be able to help more with the blaster specifics,
although he also runs gentoo.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven