[mythtv-users] 'mythtv could not connect to the database' insanity

Anthony Griffiths neuronetv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:35:39 UTC 2014

I'm running fedora 20 64 bit and I've installed mythtv twice, once using
yum and the second using git and compiling, both times I get stuck in an
insane loop of 'mythtv could not connect to the database'. And trawling
google I see no straightforward solution to this which is nuts. How do I
get past this stuck point?
I've tried creating a mysql databae called mythconverg with user tony, and
a password but I still get back to this loop. I've disabled the firewall
but still no joy. This is really frustrating so thanks for any help.