[mythtv-users] PCI-E Capture Card for Australia

Jason But jbut at swin.edu.au
Mon Jun 23 04:44:24 UTC 2014

Hello all

I am currently in the process of moving my MythTV from a dedicated box in
the lounge room to my dedicated central server. I currently have a Hauppauge
WinTV-Nova-T card that has been working well. When I move it to my server,
it no longer functions due to a dodgy PCI-E-to-PCI converter chip on the
motherboard (ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1083/1085 PCIe to PCI Bridge (rev
01)). The capture card will work for about 5-10 minutes before failing and
not recording properly after that.

It appears that the only solution is to move to a PCI-E capture card. Can
anybody recommend a PCI-E based card (for Australia) that works well. Given
my server runs 24/7, I am particularly interested in cards with drivers that
are known to continue to work after extended up-time

I am currently running kernel version 3.10 with a standard Gentoo install

Many thanks

Jason