[mythtv-users] 0.27.1 stores wrong length in SD mpeg2 recordings

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 18:56:45 UTC 2014

Hoi Jean-Yves,

Saturday, June 21, 2014, 2:34:10 AM, you wrote:

> when recording, the backend count the number of frames written to disk
> and that information is written in the database along the position in
> bytes for that frame.

> While I'm getting to is that there are many thing that could cause
> what you're seeing, and not necessarily a myth one. the first one is
> that the PVR-500 may not produce the right amount of frames, leading
> to an incorrect calculation size, and lead to inaccurate skips

At the start of this thread you wrote the above. If indeed a wrong
framecount is the cause, then I have a few questions.

How come a rebuild of the seektables fixes this. Does this use a
different mechanism?

How can I check on a recording file if this is indeed the case?

Could this be fixed with adjustments to the recording profile?

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop