[mythtv-users] Failed database update 1327->1328

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Sun Jun 22 07:51:06 UTC 2014

On 21 Jun 2014, at 16:45, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

> I run the trunk and the most recent update failed trying to update 1327 to 1328.  The first attempt complained about a duplicate entry, the second about a missing column.
>
> How do I recover from this?

The update consist of two actions, the first one drops the existing index which there is no problem with, the second tries to recreate it as a unique key, this fails if you have any entries in the record table that would be considered a duplicate under the new index.

To recover I restored the database backup taken at the start of the upgrade, then identified and removed all the records with the duplicate key (chanid, starttime, startdate, title, type) then re-ran the upgrade.

But once I’d got the upgrade completed the backend was unable to find any of my previous recordings, I’ve not yet had a chance to look into that issue yet as we wanted to watch one of them when we noticed the issue, so I just regressed.

Regards
  Russell