[mythtv-users] 0.27.1 stores wrong length in SD mpeg2 recordings

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 23:46:51 UTC 2014

> On 22 Jun 2014, at 8:21 am, "Hika van den Hoven" <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hoi Mark,
>
> Sunday, June 22, 2014, 12:15:50 AM, you wrote:
>

>>> mythcommflag --rebuild -f %FILE% works. I tested a file at the command
>>> line and it now shows the correct duration. It however gave a decoding
>>> error after finnishing: Unknown Error 541478725.
>
>> I believe the error can be ignored. I always get the same / similar
>> error message after every Mythcommflag run with no issues.
>
> Thanks I changed all my rules and templates to exclude transcoding and
> to include the seektable rebuild job.
> I'm now wondering ik commflagging will work correctly, for I have it
> starting directly. Future will tell.
> I'm also thinking of replacing the transcode command with a script
> that first does a seektable rebuild before the transcoding and that
> outputs the errorcode from the transcoding.
> Something like:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> declare Filename=$1
> if [ "$FileName" == "" ]; then
>   exit 1
> fi
> /usr/bin/mythcommflag --rebuild -f $FileName
>
> /usr/bin/transcode $FileName
> exit $?
>
> Do I have to add more? I'm not familiar with what transcode passes on
> to the commandline.
>
> Tot mails,
>  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

I don't use the inbuilt transcode functions, so don't recall off the top of my head what parameters, if any, they need.

But the first thing that occurs to me is that I believe that rebuilding the seek table will invalidate commflag markers and cutlist markers, so if you were transcoding to remove commercials and pre / post padding you may need to rerun your commflag detection and rebuild your cutlist after rebuilding the seek table and before transcoding.

I think the parameters passed to the inbuilt transcode can be seen from mythtv-setup on one of the screens near where you setup the user jobs. Under General somewhere I think.