[mythtv-users] New York PBS WNET channel 13 pid mess

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 11:53:27 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/21/2014 02:29 AM, Tom Dexter wrote:

> Do not change your channel ID's.  They are MythTV-internal, irrelevant, and
> (most-importantly) not-user-editable values.
>
> Just fix your XMLTV ID's.  In mythtv-setup channel editor it's the 2nd page
> or so.
>
> Oh, and rescanning channels and mythtv-setup (with or without
> --do-channel-updates (which you should really never use) and/or
> --only-update-channels) will never change XMLTV ID's.  So, the /only/ way
> (and the designed way) to change XMLTV ID is to edit it manually in
> mythtv-setup or MythWeb channel editor.
>

> Mike

Thanks Mike.  I finally got everything right, but it wasn't easy and
now I understand why:

What the station did was this:  The original serviceids for 13.1,
13.2, and 13.3 were 5, 3 and 4 respectively.  Apparently the decided
to reorder ("fix") things so 13.1, 13.2, and 13.3 are now 3, 4, and 5
respectively.

This meant that the channel scan found the existing channels, and
reassigned things on what essentially were the wrong channels.  This
then meant that the icons and xmltvid fields were all out of whack.
Ugly.

Thanks again.
Tom