[mythtv-users] OT - Hunting a MoBo.....

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 21 08:10:29 UTC 2014

OK

I'm looking at building a new media server that doubles as my primary
myth server as well.

Given that storage requirements are the main driving force these days
I've decided on the DS380 8 x 3.5" Bay case

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=452

This case also allows fitting of up to 4 x 2.5" drives.

I'm currently using a coolermaster stacker from about 8/9 years ago
with 3 x supermicros '5 in 3' sata backplanes fitted, this gives 15
fan cooled drive bays with a LSI 8 port SATA controller for the RAID6
setup.

So in my current setup I can get 15 drives max and in the new one 12
drives max, but a much much smaller case.

The new case supports Mini ITX and DTX mobo's and what I want is....

Mobo must have either DVI or HDMI or Displayport output (no extra GPU
is going to be fitted) for the few occasions I need to plug the server
into a monitor.

Mobo must have either 2 x PCIe slots or 1 x PCIe slot and 12 SATA
ports on the MoBo (see
http://techreport.com/news/25703/asrock-combines-avoton-soc-12-sata-ports-on-mini-itx-mobo
)

While I realise DTX is dead there is/was an ECS mobo

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?CategoryID=1&DetailID=1402&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=1&LanID=9

That ticked all the boxes, but doesn't seem to have shipped.

I need 2 slots so I can mount both my LSI Raid controller and a TBS
DVB card into the unit (which is why if the mobo has 12 sata ports I
don't need the LSI card any longer)

So I'm looking for help or suggestions, but please not complete
redesigns or ideas drastically different from above, If I can't get
close I'll stay with what I've currently got and upgrade the array to
4TB drives.

If anyone knows of a 2 slot (only) mATX mobo that may work if I can
mount it I'll also look at that.....

Thanks in advance

Tony