[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 08:51:18 UTC 2014

On 20 June 2014 08:26, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like the select button to not show any options at all, just like in
> the livetv EPG, so pressing select takes you that channel. I know it is just
> a copy of the Manage Recordings guide (with an extra menu option) at this
> point, but if the point is to replace the start-up livetv guide, then it
> should behave the same.

It is not a copy of the manage recordings guide. It *is* the manage
recordings guide.

So re-organising the menu and having a solution fitting both bills
isn't that obvious to me.

I agree that having to press menu to access "watch this channel" is
counter intuitive.
Pressing select so it directly watch that channel is more geared
toward a plain liveTV oriented box. And that's not the primary purpose
of mythtv (even though that's how I personally use it).

Unless the new menu entry is now only the equivalent of the startup
live TV guide.