[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 20:39:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> In Master, in the non-LiveTV EPG mode, there's now a menu item "Watch
>>> This Channel" which starts live TV on the selected channel.  I think this
>>> is what you're looking for.  The only reason this wasn't back-ported to
>>> 0.27-fixes is that it adds a new string that needs translation, which is
>>> something we don't do for back-ports.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>

>> This commit in devel/027candidates has a translateable string:
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/e63cade7ff5e5accaef8f6918e6c837a0040283c
>>
>> True.  I guess we've relaxed this translation policy a bit, but still
> maintain control by staging features like this through
> the devel/027candidates branch.  That's where "Watch This Channel" is
> sitting at the moment.

I loaded up that branch earlier today and have a couple of questions about
this feature. First, I thought it was supposed to get rid of the "show EPG
when starting livetv" setting. Also, would it be possible to simplify the
menu options in the non-livetv EPG so they are all accessed from the Menu
key? This would leave the Select button to "watch this channel" directly,
which would be consistent with the behavior in the livetv EPG.

Frank