[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend 0.27-fixes, hangs while in edit mode with "vaapi & Openglvaapi" rendering.

Mike Zichello fizzbin67 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:43:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

    Im using mythbuntu on the backend (mythtv 0.27 from the repos)  and
Mythtv 0.27-fixes built from source on the frontend machine. Normally I
will run commercial flag on recordings then check the edits with
mythfrontend , then do a lossless transcode. I have been having problems
editing certain files. After entering edit mode and stepping through the
cuts either with the arrow keys or PGup/PGdn mythfrontend will hang or the
screen will become corrupted. The problems always occurs on recordings made
off certain channels. Other channels are unaffected and editing works fine.
The problem recordings will play fine and mythtranscode fine - I just cant
check the edits (unless I change from vaapi to OpenGL rendering).  The
signal source is an HDHomerun prime with cablecard installed. The problem
recordings are ones made from basic cable channels like TBS , or Comedy
Central , recordings from the major networks CBS,NBC do not have this
problem. The setting of the mythfrontend video playback profile seemes to
have a effect on the problem.

Mythfrontend Video Playback Profile;

vaapi & Openglvaapi    - hangs.
ffmpeg & XVideo     - OSD dissapears , screen becomes corrupted , does not
crash.
ffmpeg & OpenGL     - works normally , no problems.

I have clipped a small sample video that displays the problem. The crash
always occurs when stepping through the commercial break.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gaabozohgpj1t1/Futurama%20-%20Proposition%20Infinity.mpg

I rebuilt mythfrontend from source with "--compile-type=debug" and
generated a gdb backtrace from the instructions in the wiki.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59unsbvl35rzrjr/gdb.txt

Mike