[mythtv-users] CommFlag Markers

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 16:39:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:

> I can't seem to find it -- but thought I saw commercial flag markers in
> the timeline for a show during playback.
>
> (i.e. any time you FF or REW and the OSD showing where in the program the
> viewer is currently at there was little  markers showing the commercials.)
>
> Am I just dreaming? :)
>
> I think you're dreaming. :)

The cutlist and commflag marks are not available for display during normal
playback.
The cutlist marks show up when you enter the cutlist editor (obviously).
The commflag marks only show up when, in the cutlist editor, you copy the
commflag data into the cutlist data.  There's no previewing -- the current
cutlist is discarded and replaced with the commflag data -- but you can
undo the commflag import within the editor.

Mike Dean has talked about plans to add much more sophisticated in-playback
display of mark metadata, including cutlist, commflag, and the ability to
set multiple types of marks.  But that's future work.

Jim