[mythtv-users] Mythtv can't play "Bergensbanen"

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 23:23:13 UTC 2014

Hi

On 18 June 2014 08:03, Kingsley Turner <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:

> Ok this worked fine.
>
> So it must be something in the stream packaging Myth doesn't like.

Still 3 days to go.

Some mp4, have the TOC located at the end of the file. So you can't
play them unless the file is complete.

This caused issue when playing them over http or over the myth
protocol as it seeks all the time between the data and the TOC.

We had a problem playing iPhone videos over AirPlay because of it and
I put a hack around just that particular case.
The FFmpeg bug has been opened on this topic for close to 2 years now
with now progress made.

But again, those are all guesses at this point as I have no idea until
I can actually look at the file
I'm dlownloading at a constant 50kB/s. That value is so rounded it got
to be a set limit