[mythtv-users] 0.27.1-fixes Recording rule behaves as a power recording rule

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Jun 16 14:45:02 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 12:06:14AM +0200, Angela wrote:
> I have a recording rule to record each news "Tagesschau" and one to catch
> the late night "Tagesschau Nacht", both having +15 minutes end time.
>
> Lately I notice that it also records "Tagesschau Nacht mit Meteo" and
> "Tagesschau-Schlagzeilen" (1 minute preview), this one bothers me as it is
> useless and sometimes causes conflicts during primetime. Although it has a
> negative prio, it wins against others with lesser priority, because the
> "Tagesschau" which comes 30 minutes later already reserves a tuner.
>
> The latter two are not shown to record in Upcoming Recordings, Upcoming (by
> title) and mythbackend -printsched.
> They show up in Upcoming Recordings at the moment they are actually
> recording.
>
> Was there a change lately?
> Are shows selected by the sql equivalent "<title>%" ?
> How can I direct MythTV to match recordings with strict titles?
> Do I need to setup power recording rules instead 'title="Tagesschau"' and
> 'title="Tagesschau Nacht"'?

Hi Angela,

This sounds like the programs all have the same seriesid.  Normal
recording rules don't match on just exact titles.  They also match on
seriesid.  This change was made a year or two ago to catch the cases
where broadcasters or producers change program titles for various
reasons.

It's strange, though, that the 'new' recordings only show up at the
last minute.  I'm pretty sure all of the options for showing upcoming
recordings account for the seriesid matching.  Are you using EIT?  My
best guess is that the broadcaster is changing the EIT data either
right before or even after the program starts.  Can you chack the
seriesid for one of the programs before (when it isn't scheduled) and
after it actually records?  To do so, go to the EPG and press INFO
twice.

FWIW, when the seriesid matching was added, we also added a 'This
series' recording filter to allow excluding programs from other series
which just happen to have the same title.  We don't currently,
however, have a complementary 'This title' filter to exclude cases
like yours.  For now, you'll have to use a custom rule to match just
the exact titles you want to record.

David
--
David Engel