[mythtv-users] vdr and mythv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 16 12:18:52 UTC 2014

On 06/16/2014 08:08 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> Richard Morton wrote:
>
>> It sounds like he is in a territory where he can pick up satellite
>> intended for different countries and each of those stations broadcasts
>> shows dubbed into their local languages.
> Precisely.
>
>> Therefore he wants to record only shows where an English audio track
>> is present
> Yup.
>
> I asked about this feature about a year ago, and even had a look at the
> DVB stream to verify that the language info is indeed present.  AFAICT
> it's just not being stored as part of the EPG data.

So why do you have in your database channels that broadcast shows in
languages you don't want?  I'm assuming the channels themselves tend to
stick to a given language, so just remove (or hide) the ones you don't want.

Or, if you must leave a ton of channels you don't want in the database
(to slow down guide import, scheduling, and channel change; and to make
it more likely that you'll record stuff you don't want), you can use the
"this channel" filter to constrain your rules to a given channel or use
Power/Custom recording rules to list which channels to consider.

Mike