[mythtv-users] double recording of same show, same timeslot

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 14 18:52:22 UTC 2014

On 06/14/2014 06:04 AM, Rod wrote:
>     Hi, I have a current problem where 1 recording I wanted was
> skipped due to "conflict" looking at mythweb, I have the following
>
> Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
> Descr: Harry returns to Hogwarts and discovers that the wizard
> community has been denied the truth about his recent encounter with
> Lord Voldemort. This leads to some interesting changes at Hogwarts.
>
>     Yes, this is fine.. but the program ID is different
>
> Rec 1: MV28980488
> Rec 2: MV114480696
>
>     So, I have 2 recordings of the same show :(
>
>     Is there a way to fix this?
>
>     Listing grabber is shepherd

You have to do an override saying, "Don't record" on the version you
don't want.  Or you can create a "this showing" rule for the one you
want (rather than the "find" rule I'm assuming you created).

If this were Schedules Direct data, and they have different program
ID's, they would be different versions--likely different "edited for TV"
cuts.  With Shepherd, I can't guarantee that, but I can say that because
your listings service says they're different, you just have to tell
MythTV which one you want.

Mike