[mythtv-users] 0.27 trying to create a user job script, not starting, remains "queued"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 11 20:23:04 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 03:30 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> Hello all!
>> I'm attempting to create my own user job script, I attempted to run it
>> via mythweb, but it sits as "queued" according to the backend status
>> page.
>> I don't see anything about it in the backend log.
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone knows what I've done wrong? or can clue me in
>> to what I should start looking for as to why?
>> thanks!
> Off the top of my head:
>
> Did you restart the BE?  It is required if you
> update/create jobs via mythweb.
>
> Did you set your BE to enable user jobs (in
> mythtv-setup job queue).
>
> Does your job queue start/end time allow
> running now?

And if you want them to be run automatically, there are 3 locations
where you must enable (each) jobs.  They must be enabled in the
recording rule, in the recording profile, and on the host.  (These 3
locations allow you to run jobs on some or all recordings depending on
which rule recorded them, how they were recorded (recording profile),
and to run them where you want (host).

Mike