[mythtv-users] Mirobridge failing to update mythtv db entries

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:35:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:18 AM, R.D. Vaughan <rdvandroid at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dan, the lxml version would not be the issue. Right now the mailing list
>>> would be the best bet. Is you get no where with that we'll rework the
>>> problem again.
>>>
>>> Sure wish my memory was better. Are you adept with databases? At least
>>> the ability to view their contents?
>>>
>>> Doug

>>> --
>>> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

>> Doug,
>>
>> Yes, I am a developer and am very familiar with sql databases.
>>
>> Dan
>> --
>> My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>

> users with the same issues.  Most of the entries are very old, say back in
> 2012, 2010 and before.
>
> Some other's had python issues, but they were related to invalid data in
> different timezones.
>
> Is there an easy way to step through the python as it executing so I can
> watch the execution?
>
> --
> My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>

I was able to step through the code with the python-pubd debugger.  That
was pretty cool. It seemed that the template for creating the sql statement
was null for creating the recording rule.

I then created the recording rules manually with mysql insert statements
and it runs successfully, however, that issue from a while back where the
recording rules gets duplicated is still present. So it seems that when it
queries the db for the show, a record is not being returned, so it is
forced to create a new one. I will try to look and see what it is querying
on to determine if the record is found or not.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>