[mythtv-users] Replace my database with a "stock" one

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jun 9 17:31:28 UTC 2014

On 6/5/2014 8:00 AM, Rob Owens wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 09:53:19PM -0500, Bill Meek wrote:
>> In mythtv-setup, check the setting for: "Guide data program".
>> If it is set to anything other than: mythfilldatabase, then
>> the logging options passed from mythbackend won't be used.
>> For example, if it's /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase, you won't
>> get any logs.
>>
> Aha!  I had /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase in that field.  I've changed it
> now to just mythfilldatabase.  I'll wait a day or so and see if I get
> any logging.
>
> I don't know why I would have changed this, so I suspect that the
> default used to be /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase.  Can anybody confirm that?

f4e86cdc (Chris Pinkham            2010-05-13 04:12:30 +0000 430)
QString mfpath = gCoreContext->GetSetting("MythFillDatabasePath",
381f5afb (Isaac Richards           2004-03-14 07:35:33 +0000
431)                                           "mythfilldatabase");

The default value has been "mythfilldatabase" since at least when the
housekeeper originally went in over ten years ago.  The only difference
made in 0.27 is that now logging arguments are only propagated to the
default executable.  If the user supplies their own executable located
in a different path, it will no longer receive those arguments.