[mythtv-users] MythTV vs XBMC

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 16:53:33 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Nicolas Krzywinski <myth at site7even.de>
wrote:

> Am 08.05.2014, 19:09 Uhr, schrieb John Marshall <mythtv at marshallparty.org
> >:
>

>  I have the "green" button on my remote mapped to EPG, so I can easily
>> bring it up while watching TV.  Is that what you meant in the first part?
>>  My use case is I've opened the Program Guide, browsed what's on, and found
>> something on that looks interesting.  Now I have to go back to the menu,
>> start live TV, and then find it in the guide again to select it.  I could
>> just always start live TV and browse the guide that way, but there may be
>> something annoying or inappropriate for the kids on whatever channel it
>> starts on by default.
>>
> I miss this as well.
>
> Also I don't understand the need for two different epg views.
> In the "recording only" epg there is little to no need for start a
> recording of what currently is broadcasting - this should start live tv!
> If called via live tv the same epg should simply display the additional
> mini live tv frame - the rest of the functonality is equal to the "other"
> epg.
> No need to waste double remote keys.

Coming into this discussion late...

In Master, in the non-LiveTV EPG mode, there's now a menu item "Watch This
Channel" which starts live TV on the selected channel.  I think this is
what you're looking for.  The only reason this wasn't back-ported to
0.27-fixes is that it adds a new string that needs translation, which is
something we don't do for back-ports.

Jim