[mythtv-users] Shared filesystem that looks different to different machines

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Jun 4 17:52:41 UTC 2014

> I don't believe that NFS would have any issue with nesting a mount inside
> another mount like this, after all the OS just treats it as another
> filesystem and every linux system I have ever seen does this (/dev, /proc,
> etc).

If NFS scares you... or you need to support windows clients.  You could do
it with a script

Essentially, every user would have their own music folder and my script
would monitor the folders with inotifywait in recursive mode (excluding
podcasts subfolders)... if anything gets added, it will create a link in
every other user's folder.