[mythtv-users] Select Country and Language in every boot

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Thu Jul 31 21:23:34 UTC 2014

On 07/31/2014 01:00 PM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> My box is a frontend with Debian Wheezy and XFCE, this is the start script:
>
> $ cat .config/autostart/mythfrontend.desktop
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Version=0.9.4
> Type=Application
> Name=mythfrontend
> Comment=
> Exec=/usr/bin/mythfrontend --loglevel info --syslog local6
> StartupNotify=false
> Terminal=false
> Hidden=false
>
> It is connected with ethernet, and the backend is always running.
>
> May I try a delay?
>
> Regards.

***
If the backend is running then the only situation where a delay will
help is if Mythfrontend looks for the BE before the FE machine starts
the network. One easy way to see if that is the case is to temporarily
disable the Mythfrontend autostart, wait a few seconds and then start
Mythfrontend manually. If it starts without putting the country and
language screen up then a delay will probably work. Whether you use a
simple delay of n seconds or a more involved script that checks to see
if the network is running is up to you.

mike