[mythtv-users] bring back recordings

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 23:48:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 31 July 2014 11:17, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings Mythizens, I have five recordings in the recordings file that
> the
> > watch recordings page knows nothing about. How can I get the FE to
> recognize
> > and play these? I am using fixes 0.27.3-109 in an Ubuntu 12.04 desktop
> > environment with steppes theme. I have identified them with the
> "orphans.py"
> > script but do not want to execute any of the option therein because they
> all
> > want to delete. FE is oblivious because it is a clone from a day ago.
> > thanks Daryl
>
> typically the actual recording is gone or didn't record in the first place.
>
> nothing you can do to make it come back as it was never there to start with

They are there, I found them with the orphan python and I can see them in
the GUI files system under mythtv/recordings. They recorded last night
before I tried to upgrade to 14.04. although I did a new clone this morning
I got a day old clone, I think, because I didn't delete "/dev/sdb4"s
previous cone before dd-ing to it today. I'd sure hate to have to watch
these on VLC or any other inferior medium.