[mythtv-users] the start channel (was UPC Poland ...)

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 15:07:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Janusz S. Bien <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:
> Quote/Cytat - mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org (Fri 25 Jul 2014 02:00:02 PM
> CEST):
>
> [...]
>
>> Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:25:30 -0400
>> From: Jim <lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com>
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] the start channel (was UPC Poland ,
>>         mythfrontend hangs on a "Connection test" channel)
>>
>> On 7/25/2014 12:49 AM, Janusz S. Bien wrote:
>>>
>>> Quote/Cytat - mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org (Thu 24 Jul 2014
>>> 02:00:01 PM CEST)

> [...]
>

>>> Thank you for your useful hint, but after pressing 'm' I see only the
>>> following "Guide Options":
>>>
>>> Watch This Channel
>>> Record This
>>> Recording Options
>>> Program Details
>>> Jump to Time
>>> Reverse Channel Order
>>>

>> Watch This Channel
>> will reset the starting channel number.
>>
>> Jim
>

> Thanks!
>
> Best regards
>
> Janusz

Maybe someone can answer a related question about that start channel
(on the cardinput table):

As far as I recall, in an earlier version of MythTV, the start channel
seemed to get update every time a new channel was tuned in, even with
that occurred from a scheduled recording.

I actually preferred that, because it gave me a way to know what
channel a tuner was tuned to, even when it wasn't specifically in use.
I like using command line queries (using the femon program) to check
signal strength, and it was nice to be able to query the current
channel as well.

There isn't by any chance any sort of option for that old behavior is
there?  Thanks!

Tom