[mythtv-users] Encode for iPad V1?

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Sun Jul 27 02:17:45 UTC 2014

My wife wants a TV show encoded to mp4 for her iPad v1. Handbrake
stopped supporting this until some licensing issues could be resolved.
Is there another alternative? I saw references to mythnuv2mkv, but that
seems to be ancient and the script is generally not available. I poked
around a bit for other solutions, but sadly, "the google" returns a ton
of ancient and information all mixed together, with no timestamps. So,
it is  pretty easy to get confused about what used to work and what now
works.

I have Ubuntu and Mythtv 0.27 as well as the current Handbrake. I
regularly use HandbrakeCLI to encode movies to .mkv after trimming with
Avidemux. These TV shows that my wife wants will just be encoded using a
post-record script.

Thanks for any leads.

Frank