[mythtv-users] How does XMLTV UK Atlas Grabber Compare To UK Radio Times Grabber / Handle Part Time Freeview Channels?

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 14:33:52 UTC 2014

On 25/07/14 14:50, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 25/07/2014 11:45, Mike Bibbings wrote:

>>> I switched about a year ago, there were a couple of channels I
>>> wanted that RT didn’t provide. The channel IDs are completely
>>> different, as I have a hand built .xmltv file this was a fair bit of
>>> tinkering.
>>>
>>> eg:
>>> channel=hd.filmfour.channel4.com
>>> becomes:
>>> channel=cbhn
>>>
>>> If you are able to use the automatically built .xmltv file then
>>> there are translations from the old xmltv IDs to the new ones in the
>>> Altas grabber and maybe that is fairly “drop in”.
>>>
>>> I don’t use it any more as I now only receive channels that have EIT
>>> and that works so much better for me.
>>>
>>> Andre

>> The information from Andre was correct at that time.
>>
>> However things have moved on since then, as there is now automatic
>> mapping of the Atlas ids to the style used in the RT grabber.
>>
>> Current situation is as follows (I have just tried out the latest on my
>> mythtv test system running v0.27.3-109-g0dd5ab3)
>>
>> 1. You need xmltv version 0.5.65 installed (current 14.04 ubuntu uses
>> 0.5.63 - no atlas grabber)
>> 2. You need Atlas API key from Metabroadcast
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/atlasapi/szyMZBD8KWc
>
> So for this command I'm currently using:
>  tv_grab_uk_rt --quiet --config-file
> /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv > $TEMPFILE
>
> I could just swap to atlas (after registering and obtaining a key)?
> Presumably the key must be supplied on the command line too, but
> I can probably work that out.
>
> Cheers,
>     Paul.
Paul,

The format of the Freeview.xmltv file is different with atlas and
includes the api key.

You will need to create a new Freeview.xmltvfile using tv_grab_uk_atlas
--configure

This is an extract of my Freeview.xmltv file :

cachedir=/home/mythtv/.xmltv/cache
platform=cbg2
region=cbht
api-key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
writeids=yes
lineupcode=
platform-title=Freeview
region-title=East
channel=cbZc
channel=cbZh
channel=cbZd
channel=cbZm
channel=cbfv
channel=cbbn
channel=cbd2
channel=cbbq
channel=cbWw
channel=cbCZ
channel=cbfg
channel=cbjP
channel=cbjc

e.g.  channel=cbZc is mapped to hd.bbcthree.bbc.co.ukwithin the grabber

Once you have the .xmltv file in the atlas format, your command line work.

Mike