[mythtv-users] the start channel (was UPC Poland , mythfrontend hangs on a "Connection test" channel)

Janusz S. Bien jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Jul 25 04:49:47 UTC 2014

Quote/Cytat - mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org (Thu 24 Jul 2014
02:00:01 PM CEST)

> Message: 18
> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 23:55:39 +1200
> From: Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] UPC Poland , mythfrontend hangs on a
> 	"Connection test" channel
>
> Hi
>
> On Monday, July 21, 2014, Janusz S. Bien <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:

[...]

>> I have some rudimentary knowledge of MySQL Workbench so I can do some
>> checks or operation directly on the data base if it is needed.
>>

> No need to know MySQL.
>
> Make sure you use the latest version of mythtv: 0.27.3

I use the debian packages from http://www.deb-multimedia.org/, the
frontend package version is 0.27.3-dmo1, the frontend System Status
report the version as "fixes/0.27 (9d871a9)".

> Go into Programme Guide
>
> Select the channel you want live tv to start from, press Menu and select
> start live tv.

Thank you for your useful hint, but after pressing 'm' I see only the
following "Guide Options":

Watch This Channel
Record This
Recording Options
Program Details
Jump to Time
Reverse Channel Order

Am I using an older version than you?

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)