[mythtv-users] Anyone using SSD for long term storage?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 16:14:50 UTC 2014

On a side note to all this: I've been a hacking coughing mess (yay vacay
summer cold) and hadn't felt like opening up the box. So I've done some
checks from command line and did a late nite sudo reboot to see if the
drive came back. It didn't.

Just now realized I hadn't done a hard shutdown and power up. The drive is
back. I'm currently identifying what needs to be duplicated as must keep
(news segments I'm in for example) and what's "meh, it's just TV" to at
least have an immediate sense of backups to my desktops, externals etc.
Looking at raid for my wishlist. Thanks to all for the great thoughts and
advice in this thread.

BTW, what causes a drive to just disappear until a hard reboot?