[mythtv-users] Anyone using SSD for long term storage?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:49:44 UTC 2014

> Software RAID, specifically mdadm. I would much rather use something that
> could be slower than dedicated hardware, but is not proprietary. I've heard
> about nightmares from folks who had to change from one hardware-based RAID
> to another.

Linux software raid is better in this case. HW raid does not always
play well with desktop drives. Search for TLER. Although for MythTV I
highly recommend looking at SnapRaid. With MythTV you do not need to
put all your eggs in 1 basket. SnapRaid allows for redundancy but
still keeps independent drives and offers up to 6 parity drives.

John