[mythtv-users] Anyone using SSD for long term storage?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 23 14:46:59 UTC 2014

On 07/23/2014 10:08 AM, michael Schumacher wrote:
>> WD Green don't play nicely with Linux avoid them
> this is a five year old link. I am sure that none of the mentioned
> drives are still in production.

Right.  For one, WD has already said that the max value of 300K parks
reported by smarttools is wrong and it was designed to be much higher
(IIRC, it was >1M).

And wdidle3.exe should allow you to set the parking timer to 5min if you
set it to the max--it did for all of mine (and that's what they're using).

Mike