[mythtv-users] Anyone using SSD for long term storage?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 23:32:57 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Angela <angela.schmid at wolke7.net> wrote:
> I have about 2TB of personal data. Are there any archival services for home
> usage?

I am not aware of any, but they no doubt exist.

I have to say 2TB feels like a fair amount of personal
data. There is certainly some data I would prefer not to
loose, but I have no where near 2TB of irreplaceable
data in my life (I do not consider any of my MythTV
data important enough to backup or archive; if the
system is stolen, or destroyed, that is life).  If you
already have that much, you likely also need to
consider your rate of growth for any potential solution.

However, if you have the required discipline, there
is always the low tech solution of a few external HDs
and your safety deposit box at your bank with your
other valuables if a cloud based solution is otherwise
too inconvenient/expensive.  It can work for some
values of the word work.