[mythtv-users] Anyone using SSD for long term storage?

PJR pjrobinson at metronet.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 17:31:00 UTC 2014

I've two myth system with SSDs, one running since about 2008 the other
since ~2013, no problems.  I've only used SSDs for OS & SW I've used
HDDs for myth data, recordings, music etc.  I run my '2013' myth system
with myth data on a RAID 1 array (mostly for long term storage of music,
videos etc plus an experiment in learning).  I tried WD Green drives and
these basically didn't work under RAID. Tried WD Red drives and have had
4 failures including a replacement.  Moved to Samsung HDDs and ZFS
(which makes RAID setup easy) and have had no problems ever since.