[mythtv-users] Live Tv stalls. Again

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:34:56 UTC 2014

On 22 July 2014 20:26, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> I'm assuming that the error messages shouldn't be truncated like that? Is
> this an indication of buffer overflow / underflow?
those errors are typical to myth not writing to the file any longer,
or taking a long time to write.

There are two threads at play.
The recorder, that capture the data from the capture card, and write it to disk.

and the reader which serve data to the mythfrontend client.
WaitForReadsAllowed errors are thrown when the reader has read
everything that there is to read and has been waiting for too long for
more data to be available.

In the backend log, you will probably see where the bottleneck is.
Either the capture card, or the disk taking a long time to write XXX
bytes.