[mythtv-users] UPC Poland , mythfrontend hangs on a "Connection test" channel

Janusz S. Bien jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Jul 21 09:40:00 UTC 2014

I'm a novice user, I've actually started to use MythTV only yesterday.

When doing "Full Scan (Tuned)" I marked "Unencrypted only" expecting
to tune only to the free DVB-T channels available on the UPC cable
(for encrypted channels we have in another room a topbox rented by UPC
and connected to our TV).

Looks like MythTV has tuned to all the channels offered and is able
even to get EPG for channels available only on the topbox (which is
quite convenient); moreover it has tuned to a lot of technical (?)
channels which are normally not visible at all.

The problem is that when I incidentally selected "Connection test",
the frontend practically hangs.

I've rescanned the channels hoping to reset the starting channel for
the card, but it doesn't work, the frontend always starts with an
attempt to receive "Connection test". I was looking also for a way to
remove unneeded channels including "Connection test", but didn't find
any (perhaps I don't know where to look).

I have some rudimentary knowledge of MySQL Workbench so I can do some
checks or operation directly on the data base if it is needed.

I will appreciate very much your help.

Best regards

Janusz