[mythtv-users] Schedule options with 0.27.3

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 02:08:14 UTC 2014

On 07/20/2014 08:41 PM, Don Brett wrote:
> On 7/20/2014 12:30 PM, Don Brett wrote:
>> What happened to the schedule options?  After upgrading to 0.27.3, I tried to re-so some recording schedules (delete and re-create). Upon
>> creation, I see only three options...are the others done differently now?
>>
>> As I recall, the old list was something like:
>>
>> Only this showing
>> Any time on any channel
>> One showing of this title each day
>> One showing of this title each week
>> One showing of this title
>> Each day in this time slot
>> Each week in this time slot

> So using Mythfrontend to create a schedule, I would use three sets of screens to get the same (or similar) result:
>
> 1st screen: select an option (this showing / all showings / one showing-this episode / all showings (this channel).
>
> 2nd screen: select "Edit recording rule" and pick an input
>
> 3rd screen: select Edit recording rule > Schedule Options > Schedule filters > check the boxes
>
> Does anyone know of a doc on using the new options?

Hi,

If you have a somewhat fixed set of choices, then modify the Default template
to your liking. If you have different sets of choices, then create new
template(s) for them. Then include the new template in your rules. In the Steppes
theme, it done with Menu->Use Template (changing the Default template would
let you use less keystrokes.)

It's a bit hidden in the 0.26 Release Notes, but here's the link:

     https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/71c65b/mythtv

from the 2nd bullet in: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.26#Key_New_Features

--
Bill