[mythtv-users] System Events, custom keys

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 23:57:22 UTC 2014

Hoi All,

I just encountered something I hadn't expected.
I use the custom key events in the system event editor to link my
suspend command to my remote. I have set a script there at SYSEVENT01
and linked Alt-F11 to it and linked that to my remote powerbutton.
Works fine.
I was just setting up a second frontend the same way and was testing
it with the keyboard and to my surprise on typing Alt-F11 on either
frontend both go to sleep. And that while you set the command per
frontend! I had noticed it before, but while using the remote, so I
then suspected IR leakage.
I solved it by moving the suspend command on the second frontend to
SYSEVENT10.
While you set the action to take on a per machine base, if you trigger
the event it goes all over the system to all connected and active
systems!
Is this the intended result? And if so how can I link keystrokes (and
thus remote-buttons) to scripts on a per machine base?
I can handle it for now by reserving each of the 10 custom event to
one machine.

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens