[mythtv-users] suspend

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 06:35:19 UTC 2014

Hoi Kevin,

Sunday, July 20, 2014, 6:47:30 AM, you wrote:

> Yes, I just want to suspend just the frontends.  The backend runs
> zoneminder so I never shut it down.

> I have seen this link.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Putting_mythfrontend_to_sleep

> And I will go through the steps and hopefully it will work.  It
> just seems that many times when I run across "how to do something"
> it is usually outdated and no longer applies.  It just surprises me
> that this is not a standard option.

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le dimanche 20 juillet 2014, jacek burghardt
> <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> That was easy. Well suspending is well documented for mythbackend.
> I assumed he wants to suspend myhtfrontend.
>
> To suspend a frontend, you call suspend.
> Either via an event, a script, or whatever option you please.
> Suspending a backend is far more complex. You want it to resume
> automatically so it can continue recording your scheduled programs..
>
> It's just that your "advice" have been less than constructive or
> useful previously. You quote irrelevant documents or about XBMC or what else.

The procedure in the wiki looks nice to put it in the menu. But to get
it directly under a remote button put the script as described there in
a custom key event etc. as I described earlier.

It brings a few button clicks down to one. I use it that way a long
time. And the ability to wake-up with a keyboard klick can easier be
set in most bioses under their wake-up events.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop