[mythtv-users] Logging Best Practices?

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sat Jul 19 13:35:01 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> What's wrong with using system logging? That can easily be fed to one or
> more selected files (with config parameters) and is perfectly compatible
> with logrotate.

That might actually be the better way to go with 0.27 for non-systemd
users.  I'm not sure how many systemd users run syslog - logging to
console (and thus the journal) probably makes more sense there, and of
course journald does auto-rotation per its own configuration.  I
imagine most non-systemd users will be running syslog already.

Rich